Thursday, January 6, 2011

God's mouthpiece

     At various times, God has intersected history to do the extraordinary:  Make Himself known to humans thru humans.  Moses, the stutterer was chosen, over the more polished and less violent of the Israelites, to lead three million people to freedom. He, as yet uncircumcised and estranged from his own kind received the message of the burning bush reluctantly.

Exodus 4:11-12 (English Standard Version) 11Then the LORD said to him, "Who has made man’s mouth? Who makes him mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the LORD? 12Now therefore go, and(A) I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak."


Though I have never killed someone with my hands, I know I have slayed them with my tongue.  Though I do not stutter, I fumble mindlessly and doubt the power of God, whose burning bush dwells inside of me.  Yet I know that He will be my mouth and teach me to speak.  With his power, I can lead slaves to freedom. but I must choose, as Moses, to stop and see the burning bush.  I must listen to "I AM."  And I must obey.


No comments:

Post a Comment