Saturday, March 5, 2011

Snapshot of Chesterton

I received "The Quotable Chesterton", By Kevin Belamonte , from Booksneeze. Having heard of this literary giant for years, I was ready to tackle the "wit and wisdom" of a man who stood alongside Shaw and Kipling as one of the foremost authors of the early 1900's. G. K.'s musings are listed in alphabetical order by subject. We learn his feelings on everything from "Beer" to "Real Love." I enjoyed learning about his interests, philosophy, and spiritual background. I did not read the book in one sitting, but picked it up from time to time to glance at different quotes. I will use it as a reference for speeches and essays. It is an intellectual shot in the arm. I enjoyed Belamonte's book and will read more of Chesterton's works as the quotes have whet my appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment